Friday, August 08, 2008

Two hours...

And a year slips away. One of the most unforgettable years of my life.

I wish that was a good thing. It's phrase you hear from happy people, "That was unforgettable!". It's the only phrase that seems to suit, though, so I'll make it my own.

There's been so much pain, so much loss, so much weakness. There have been times I didn't know if I could keep going forward, or if I was just going to stop and let everything collapse like a house of cards.

So very, very much can change in a year, in a day, in a moment. I've lost two friends forever this year, and the finality of that often helps put lesser losses in proportion. Are you sad that you've had a falling out with someone? Guess what, they're alive, you still have a chance to fix it. Some things you can't fix, and have to just wait until they heal, but guess what, maybe that can still happen too. Hope's hard to hold onto sometimes, but there are times when you've got to anyways.

I shouldn't complain. There have been new babies, new marriages, new friendships, new jobs, and so many positive things too.

But tonight I'm going to mourn some losses and have a good cry, and tomorrow I'll wake up with or slightly before the sun and go spend a long day at work forgetting about the past year.

I love you. I miss you. Have fun. Be happy.

No comments: