Thursday, April 23, 2009

The love child of a computer and an ape

There's an entire book in the Anne of Green Gables series with a large portion given over to correspondence. Letter upon letter, using Anne's voice to describe her day to day life.

She spends quite some time talking about needing the perfect sort of pen to write with. I swear, reading that book early in life made me have a dreadful time setting pen to paper without thinking about what I'm writing with and on, every single time. It's only gotten worse since e-mail became my main mode of corrospondence, and sadly, the physical letters I mean to send often go unwritten or unfinished because of this habit.

I wonder how much stationary I'd have to keep stocked to ensure that I could always find what I wanted when I wanted to write by hand?

No comments: