Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Did the cat just fall out the window?


Day 119 : SOTTS : I Will Be Your Ambulance If You Will Be My Accident
Originally uploaded by Rachel.::.K


What an utterly fantastic weekend.

Except the short part where I realized I'd slept so little that I was getting frightened and nervous about...nothing at all. That was all better when I woke up Monday morning though, rolling out of bed 25 minutes before I needed to leave the house to get to a delicious turkey dinner with friends and family of all descriptions. It was awesome. I cuddled kitty cats and fell asleep on the couch (and the lovely boy who was also on the couch) after dinner, and people seemed to like my small contribution of homemade cranberry sauce.

Sunday was full of work and long commutes and a delicious dinner I didn't have to cook, and finished with coffee with a beautiful lady, dancing, and the aforementioned letting myself get too tired. Boy, I slept like a very, very sleepy person once I made it home. Seriously.

Saturday was also work filled, and then the evening was full to bursting with cider, vodka, gin, and Dreadnoughts. And all the wonderful folks who gravitate to The Dreadnoughts. What a fantastic show, and so good to hear them live for the first time in months. It was great getting to know some people better hanging out in the back room, waiting for them to go on and massaging the poor abused hands of the musicians.

The party on Friday was brilliant, full of artistic and intelligent and geeky people, full of music and video games and food and wine and fun. Laid back and relaxing, the perfect way to end what had been a rather stress filled day. Also, it was the first day of a whole weekend spent with an absolutely marvelous boy, who made everything else that much better with his charming company.

I've a lot to be thankful for, and I can't stop smiling.

No comments: